1) Use potted plants instead of centerpieces - let attendees take them home!
2) https://brusselsbonsai.com/ - great plant resource!
3) Gather all those gift cards, certificates, 2 for 1 purchases and USE them yourself OR use them as trade show giveaways!
4) Discourage use of all non-sustainable SWAG (Stuff We All Get!)
5) Encourage consumable goods as SWAG, especially those that are re-purposed
6) https://madefree.co/ - Every purchase supports a day of freedom from human trafficking, slavery and poverty through a self-sustaining job.
7) https://rethreaded.com/ - based in Jacksonville; every item made by survivors of human trafficking
8) Trade Show Gimmick: ship nice pen cap to intended client and have them "pick up" the other half at the trade show! (can use any other nice item that will entice)
9) Decor: go with re-usable and/or bio-degradable items
10) Substitute balloon bouquets with natural or re-usable products
11) Use GoBos (organization's logo) and lighting to achieve decor https://www.progobo.com/.
12) Use all forms of virtual, high-tech imagery on walls, fabric, scrims, staging, decks, floors, tablecloths - whatever - in lieu of actual items (think the recent Van Gogh tour!)
13) Scavenger Hunt for trade show attendees where they must stop by booth, get signature or stamp and then be entered for a drawing for an experiential prize (dining, weekend, tour, excursions, spa treatment) in lieu of Give Aways
14) Re-usable Banners wherever possible OR produce in sections where one section only needs replacing